Power BI Consulting Services: Data Visualization, Analytics & Metrics
Microsoft Power BI is a business intelligence (BI) platform designed for users to connect and visualize data. This unified, scalable platform allows you to take raw data and apply it to the decisions that drive your business forward. The key lies in knowing how to use it in the way that best supports your company’s specific needs — which is where we can help.
Why Power BI?
Power BI offers nontechnical end users the ability to aggregate, analyze, and visualize data. It integrates well with other Microsoft apps for a seamless user experience, including Office 365, Azure, and other applications. Yet, while Power BI is designed with simplicity in mind, it can be overwhelming at first for anyone who isn’t a data scientist or lacks deep technical knowledge.
How Is Power BI Used?
Simply put, Power BI is used to uncover insights within a company’s data. Power BI can help connect data that may come from disparate sources, clean the data into a data model, and present charts and graphs so for compelling visuals that make it easy to spot trends and make other observations at a glance. While the potential uses for Power BI are vast, some of the most common ways organizations use this platform include:
- Using charts and other data visualizations to tell stories of what’s going on in an organization
- Considering “what if” scenarios using existing data as a guide
- Generating reports that answer specific questions in real-time
- Forecasting to determine whether departments are on track to meet goals
Power BI is a complex tool with many key features. It encompasses artificial intelligence including machine learning capabilities, a Quick Insights tool which allows users to apply analytics to subsets of data, and integration with Cortana,
Microsoft’s digital assistant. In addition, the platform offers support for common data models, customization to alter the data visualization and reporting tools, and APIs for integration, as well as self-service data prep and modeling views.
If these features sound complex to you, you’re not alone. Many organizations have plenty of data to fuel Power BI, but lack the expertise needed to leverage its value. While Power BI is indeed powerful, harnessing its full potential calls for data management expertise. That’s where we come in.
IT ArchiTeks’ Power BI Consulting Services
IT ArchiTeks takes some of the most valuable assets in your company — its data and its people — and makes them even more powerful through the strategic use of Power BI. Our team is made up of Power BI experts who can aggregate complex data and transform it into simple, accessible dashboards and other visuals for quick and effective analysis. You can then achieve data-driven decision making and take prompt, appropriate actions.
When you turn to our team to assist you in your Power BI project, you can expect:
- A comprehensive assessment of your Power BI needs and feasibility
- Robust implementation strategy and planning
- Support and ongoing communication through every step of the project
- Timely project completion
Whether you’re an experienced Power BI user seeking ways to maximize the platform’s value or you’re new to Power BI, you’ll receive support tailored to your precise needs. We specialize in the following services:
- Planning and consulting for Power BI, including data analysis
- Design and visualization to create charts, reports, and user specific designs
- Development and implementation of Power BI and additional apps
- Integration services, including with Power Aps, Dynamics 365, Excel, Mail Chimp, Google Analytics, and SharePoint, among others
- Quality and analysis and support, including data load, uniformity, and performance testing
Power BI Dashboards enable the tracking of critical data points at both high-level and granular levels. Interactive dashboards allow users to monitor key metrics and track data from a wide range of sources. You can also integrate and display data in a way that’s easy to navigate and visually pleasing. And, data can come from any source — whether on premises or located offsite, in the cloud.
Whether you’re preparing visuals for the CEO, management, or any other end user, we can create customized dashboards for simplified viewing of and interaction with the data that matters most.
To find out more about how we can assist your organization get the most out of Power BI, get in touch with our team today.